Ginger and Tonic Vintage Life Blog

Ginger and Tonic Vintage Life Blog
Welcome to the Ginger and Tonic Vintage Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Vintage Clocks: The time is now....

This is the wall clock above my mantel.  Until recently, I looked at it about a million times a day.  Since writing this blog though,the days fly by so fast I hardly look at it at all.
I love this clock.  It was a flea market / swap meet find.  $25 and in great condition...except that you had to wind it up with a key to keep it running.  A small price to pay for something so delightful.



It was meant to be.  I was thrilled with it even though my beau at the time thought I was "out of my gourd".  The beau wasnt meant to be.

Anyway, as it turned out...I ended up wanting to hang it pretty high on the wall in my apartment and didnt want to get on a ladder to wind it so... I took it to a clock place in Carlsbad, CA.  It took way longer than I thought to fix it  (6 weeks) and cost $75 to fix but man do I love this clock!  See how it all works out?

I will keep hunting for these clocks in good working order.  They are true gems.  Expect them to turn up in the Ginger and Tonic Vintage Shop.  XOXO

P.S.  I also really like clocks like this one on Amazon.  Great vintage inspired room or workspace clock.

Phillips 66 Vintage Backlit Clock

No comments: