Ginger and Tonic Vintage Life Blog

Ginger and Tonic Vintage Life Blog
Welcome to the Ginger and Tonic Vintage Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Grease - "Dont go changin to try and please me" : The moral of the story.

Ok so Im not ashamed to also admit that Ive seen the movie Grease about 87 times and know every line.  I also know every dance and every lyric of every song.
Shoo bop sha wadda wadda yippy da yip da yip.....

When I was in 6th grade, I wanted my elementary school class to do a stage production of it (minus some of the more risque 50s innuendos).  I held auditions behind the auditorium trying to cast my masterpiece.  I had the script all written out on lined notebook paper ready for my classmates to bring the phenom to Mt Vernon Elementary.

Yeah....that lasted about a week.  There was no focus, no commitment, no chemistry. So....my dreams of playing Sandy and producing musical theater at the ripe old age of 12 faded into oblivion.  I do however to this day, love Grease I also still wish I was Sandy (and sometimes Rizzo which at this point is probably more suitable being as I got knocked up and all).  I still want Danny to be my T-Bird.  One word....dreamy.

Anyway, this is another treasure with tricked out vintage cars, catchy tunes, pin up clothes to die for, and the warm and fuzzy story of young love. It took me 20 years to figure out that when it all comes down to it, the moral of the love story is, if you love someone and you want them to love you back....there is no need to go changin who you are.  XOXO

No comments: